Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why We Lie





As part of the assignment, select TWO (2) cartoons (from below) to illustrate your blog. Explain why you used each cartoon and where you placed it where you did. Be sure to include links to documents used.



There are 4 types of lies fear, habit, modelling, and over prediction.Fear is the type of lie when the person is scared when they are about to get in trouble .For example the child has fear that her mom is going to blow up cause something she did. I would agree with fear because as a child I would have lied for I wouldn't get in trouble. The habit lie is when the person lies all the time and the person got good at it. For example the kid lied since he was 5 and now he's the best liar and no one believes him in what ever he says. I also agree with this one to I have a little brother that lies about his own life which is kind of stupid but what ever makes him feel happy. Modelling liars are the ones the people would say its just a little white lie. For example they always have an explanation for the lie.I agree with this one also because you can tell when a person is saying a lie its just the story they have to go with the lie. The last is over prediction is when the person predict what might happen so they had to lie about it. For example the person lies to the boss to get a day off and says "a family member died so can I get a day or two off " knowing that the boss would feel bad the person would get a week off. I agree with this one I have family that used this to get out of work and school.
A lie has gotten me in trouble before I had a friend that didn't like a person that they didn't get along I started to date the person and I got in trouble cause I hid it from my friend and some one else told that person i was dating that person so I got in trouble with my friend and almost lost a best friend cause of that.
A lot of people would say I love even if u look like a monster some people don't even know whats love that's another reason people lie .

No comments: